Mrs. Brannon – Music
Office Hours: Friday 7:45am-8:10am
Hello St. Stan’s Families!
This is a music memo for your attention~
Throughout this year we have focused on originality and sharing our own ideas in the music space.
I have installed a “performance class” segment in grades 4-8.
Lots of students have performed and it has been wonderful!
I have spoken with my classes and explained my expectations for this, and what the plan will be for the remainder of the school year.
We have six more meeting times before school is out for summer. Within those six weeks, students will be assigned a date in which they are to participate in the performance segment of class.
There will be due dates to submit ideas prior, so that I am aware of what the student will be doing prior to class time.
Expectations are that each student will get up and “perform” by using the microphone in the front of the room, and share what they have chosen to do/their performance.
The options for this are as follows:
1) Pick a poem to recite.
2) Write an original poem and recite.
3) Perform a monologue.
4) Perform a song by singing/playing an instrument.
5) Write an original song and sing it for class.
6) Recite the lyrics to your favorite song as a poem.
7) Explore/create something with chrome music lab and share with class.
8) Do any of these ideas; record student at home, create a YouTube link (with parental permission and guidance) and present that in class.
I hope that you will encourage your student to work on something for our performance class segment, and allow them to practice at home in front of a family audience!
There has been a lot of growth among students this year by doing this, and I hope to end our year on a high note with all students having the opportunity to perform one more time.
My email is email@example.com
Please do not hesitate to reach out to me with questions.
I am in the building with students Mondays & Fridays.
- Students who need help are able to see me Fridays 7:45-8:10am
- Monday at this time is also available if needed.
Thank you for your support! There is so much talent and creativity at this school!
Let’s celebrate it!
Blessings and peace,